Friday, March 30, 2018

Marie Callender's Herb Roasted Chicken

Luckily, I think we're about out of our Marie Callender's funk. Yes, it's true that I am working 2 jobs and have a tenant (not a roommate! a tenant!) and am TRYING to continue my unrelated research program, and it's all a bit much, and I'm losing it more every day, but these terrible frozen meals are making things worse instead of better!!! Time for some real food!!!!!

Anyway, we had to eat this because we bought it. Expectedly, it was not great. The corn was so tasteless, which I guess means at least it didn't have any added butter or salt, but like, it could have used a lil bit. The potatoes were fine I guess, nothing to write home about, no real flavor but the texture was good. The chicken was real chicken, so that's nice, and there's bones in it and everything. But the smell made me queasy. It has that dark, bloody, meaty smell that you sometimes get with dark meat or bones of meat and I was really not a fan. The smell lingered all day long and made me want to vom. But the skin was tasty and all things considered, it's decent frozen meal meat.

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment