Sunday, March 4, 2018

Bird's Eye Superfood Blends - Quinoa & Spinach

Sometimes you just need to eat some veg and you want something convenient. So, this caught my eye. I like spinach and quinoa, and it also has brown rice (good) and cranberries (weird but good) and red peppers (not my top veg, but fine). No allergens, so I went for it, especially since it's only 300 cals and fairly healthy and easy to cook. Overall it was a little bland for me, maybe too vinegary but also too plain or red peppery? I ended up liking the cranberries just because I like cranberries, but the rest was kind of an indistinct tasteless much. Which is OK, but not really enjoyable. I'm trying to think how I could improve it -- maybe some garlic and onion powder? Maybe crushed red pepper? I don't know, but it needs a little something. Edible though.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment