Sunday, August 6, 2017

Yum Earth Organic Lollipops

So, these lollipops really get around in the gluten-free/organic/whole foods sector, but they're also nut free, and therefore I am interested in them. From YumEarth (originally called Yummy Earth -- good change, I think), these come in a bunch of different flavors, but each pop is about 70 calories and a nice size.

They are also made with real fruit extract, but like....it's still a lollipop. Health food this is not.

The flavors (at least as of now) are: Strawberry, Grape, Mango, Peach, Berry, Pomegranate, Watermelon, and Cherry. I like the Cherry, Grape, and Peach best, they all have bright, strong flavors. The berry is fine, but I'm not really sure which berry it's supposed to taste like. Maybe the always mysterious blue raspberry? The pomegranate, strawberry, and watermelon are OK, but not amazing. Mango is the prettiest colors (yellow and gold!) but it's not as good as the others. The nice thing about these is that they're pretty easy to buy both online and in stores, and they aren't super expensive even though they're gluten-free/organic/etc. A nice treat for the common folk, if you will. I'm happy to have a few of these a month; they're a nice sweet treat that doesn't make you feel like I-just-ate-a-box-of-oreos garbage.

Sour Apple Tart: So this is a flavor I had never seen before, but I got one and it had the (very very old?) YummyEarth labelling. However, it's a freakin' lolly, so I ate it regardless of the fact that it was probably 5+ years old. And it was good! Probably the best of the flavors -- not too sweet, just a nice strong sour apple, kind of like a Jolly Rancher. Alas, I'll probably never have it again. 7/10

Overall
Cost: 7/10
Taste: 6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment