Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Nature's Bakery Fig Bars

Check out this trendy new packaging! Anyway, these fig bars are solid. I'm not sure when they came out, but I first noticed them in the ~healthy~ section of my grocery store about 5 years ago, and since they were nut free and about a dollar (the single-serve option is a mega plus) I picked up a variety of flavors. Bear in mind that all the flavors are still fig flavors, but with other things there too. So these are like dolled up thick Fig Newtons. If you like that aesthetic, you'll probably like these. They're 200 calories for the two bars in each package, and so they make a filling little snack on-the-go. I see they also make brownie bar things too, which I will have to check out! They have a separate gluten-free line which is not very tasty, so I'm glad they kept it separate. And everything they make (at least that I've seen so far) is nut free!

My favorites are probably apple cinnamon, lemon, and solo fig, but they're all decent. Blueberry is good too! I think the only flavor I have left to try is strawberry.

Raspberry: These are also good! You can definitely taste the raspberry, which is nice. Like the raspberry jam PepFarm cookies, but in a fig bar. 7/10

Apricot Peach: These too are good! They don't strike me as especially good in the moment, kind of a mild flavor, not much fig flavor either, but I sure do crave them anyway. I dropped half of one and it basically ruined the rest of my day. Orange wrapper is pretty, too. 7/10

Pumpkin Spice: Ooh, this is a special seasonal edition that I got on Target.com. It really does have the pumpkin spice flavor to it, which is definitely a special and unique fig bar flavor. It smells like a dense spiced pumpkin cake, extra dark. Good, but I probably would burn out of these if I had them often, so I'm happy it's a rarity (and that I got to sample it!). More of a dessert than a brekkie. 8/10

Overall
Cost: 7/10
Taste: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment