Friday, August 25, 2017

Metro Diner

Hey, I'm all about that breakfast-all-day life! So this place was extremely crowded (on a Friday at 5) but I think that's because it's new and small, not because it's good. I mean, they're only open until 8pm, what kind of diner is that? At least they have that sweet, sweet breakfast and they don't use peanut oil. I got a veggie omelette and coffee, which were both fine but nothing outstanding. The egg was definitely overcooked. Home fries were just big over-fried potato chunks (no seasoning), but the toast was good because it didn't have too much butter and there were unconventional jam choices at the table (blackberry! orange!). The menu didn't impress me much either, but this place is alright if you want a diner experience in Newark that isn't Perkins I guess (although it is still a chain, don't be fooled).

Mike says: average. nice waitress, old people.

Overall
Cost: 7/10 [about 15 dollars, including coffee and tip]
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment