Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Sharwood's Korma Simmer Sauce

I'm not very experienced with Indian food, because I have the (possibly wrong) opinion that it often contains nuts or legumes. So I have nothing "authentic" to compare this to, not even takeout. That being said, I've made chicken korma with this sauce a few times, and I think I like it. It's definitely a different flavor profile than I'm used to, though! The sauce is creamy and spicy, but not hot-spicy (the bottle says mild and that's certainly true), more like cinnamon and cardamom and other gingerbread-cookie-ish spices. Which is weird to me in a savory food, but once you get over that mental hurdle, it's legit. This makes a very large amount, by the way; I usually use 2 chicken breasts, half a package of mushrooms, and a cup of rice, and I still have a lot of sauce leftover. I do like this and I hope to someday branch out into some other dishes, maybe even actually spicy ones!

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment