Sunday, August 27, 2017

Subway

Since I'm apparently in a big breakfast-all-day kick, I would be remiss not to mention Subway, one of the few national chains that offers the glorious all day breakfast (at least at most of their locations). They also offer regular lunch subs, and sometimes soups and pizzas and salads and (new!) wraps, but really it's a sub place. They also have frequent deals which appeal to me (sub of the day, sub of the month, etc) and those special edition Lay's flavors. So there are a lot of good things here. The only nuts are in the cookies, which are kept in a case, so I generally feel pretty safe about it, too. Subway has a very distinctive smell, and to be honest, it doesn't taste that good, but it's filling, fast, highly customizable, and healthy-ish. Whenever I don't know what I want to eat, I get Subway instead.

Turkey Breast: This is "old reliable". Good hot or cold, with wheat or white bread, pickles or cucumber, it's a solid contender.

Subway Club: I love that this has roast beef! The other meats are "whatever" but somehow this is still under 400 calories with delicious roast beef. Pairs with yellow mustard and american cheese (IMO).

Ham, Egg, and Cheese: Good for that breakfast mood, especially with spinach and tomato and mustard. You have to go with flatbread for this one. White and yellow egg are basically the same, so get white!

Overall
Cost: 7/10 (Around 6$ for two meals, although I miss those 5, 5 dollar, 5 dollar footlong days)
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment