Saturday, August 12, 2023

McCain Craft Beer Battered Potatoes Thin Cut

The bag doesn't actually call these fries, which is super weird. Surely there's no legal definition of Fry? Or if there is, surely these guys meet it?! Weird stuff at McCain's headquarters, which may or may not be a store brand, I'm not sure. I got these because they were the cheapest fry, and I don't really like fries so I figured it wouldn't make a difference. I do think there is a difference though. First, the shape and size is good: they're skinny fries and some short some long. The calorie count is also more reasonable than other fries (about 450 for half the bag). But the flavor is really lacking, even for plain fries. I think it needs more salt?? Or some sort of seasoning or more oil or something. The skin is thick, but flavorless. Alas. I prefer the checkers fries and will go elsewhere next time unless the price differential is really shocking.

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment