Wednesday, August 16, 2023

2022 Sishaye Chenin Blanc

I'm a Sishaye stan for the IPA label, buut I think they're a product of Splash Wines (a weird BMG of wines), so I have mixed feelings. This is a solid wine, though. It was tart and fruity, and definitely better cold (true what they say about whites!). After just one day sitting, the increase in acidity was palpable, but it sort of plateaued there, so it was all right. 

The recipe pairing was also good for me -- oily mushroom kale garlic pasta? Yes please! Is this Lisa's, or my house!? I ended up overcooking the chicken, due to the recipe making me massively undercook the chicken (my always problem with meats and recipes ;__;), and the kale really held the olive oil flavor in its leaves, which I didn't love, but on the whole, the flavors and ingredients are great for me, and I love a one-pot 2-serving recipe as a single lass. Maybe too much trouble for the everyday, but I enjoyed it for sure. And I actually paired it with the wine! And it was...fine! (haha)

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [16$]
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment