Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Hidden Valley Ranch Secret Sauce - Cajun


I really don't like ranch, especially as a dipping sauce, so my biggest hope was that this would taste nothing like ranch. It does have a promising orangey color, and it smells a lil spicy. It also has tamarind in it, which is a terrifying looking legume, but apparently that's also in Sweet Baby Ray's so hopefully it is fine. The taste fortunately does not evoke ranch, although it is very creamy/eggy/milky/"warm". A bit like a spicy mayo. It's OK, looks pretty, and goes well with fries. It would go even better on some fried chicken for sure. I don't think I'd seek this out -- it's still cheese or ketchup (not both!!) for me, but it's decent and I'll use the rest of the bottle probably.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment