Monday, December 19, 2022

2021 Giunta Hawke's Bay Malbec Nouveau

I'm a Giunta fan because New Zealand is cool and because they told me they don't use nuts. Cheers to that. This struck me as quite tart at first, and really not that chuggable, despite the label prose. But upon some time spent drinking, it became more drinkable (funny how that works). I thought it was mainly typical cherry notes, my bud Lars said more cranberry vibes. Either way, a pleasant and slightly atypical Malbec.

To pair I made the recommended nachos, which was quite involved, but they were tasty to be sure. I could only handle the pickle dices for a short while, so I'm glad I didn't put pickles on all of 'em. Made me miss Deer Park though -- I spent a decade of my life playing trivia there, and now I only watch Jeopardy alone at home!! But my nachos were actually better. So at least there's that.

Overall
Cost: 5/10 (20$)
Taste: 6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment