Thursday, June 6, 2019

Stone Balloon Ale House

I'm so surprised I haven't reviewed Stone Balloon yet, since I've been there quite a few times! They used to be called the 16 Mile Taphouse (taproom?) for like a random year a few years ago, but they always have had pretty much the same ethos. Good fun and lots of fun drink options. I love their beer menu, it's like a tiny version of the Federal Taphouse's massive drink menu, with lots of options and info. They also have a decent selection of 5$ all day cocktails, and lots of good expensive cocktails too. As for the food, I've only ever gotten burger, chicken sandwich, side salad, and side of mac n cheese, but they are all wonderful. They do have some stuff with nuts on the menu. Once I went for a surprise brunch and mentioned my allergies when I ordered the chicken sandwich (just in case yanno) and they brought out monkey bread as the bunch app bread thing, and I didn't eat it and the waitress came back and said it was nut free, without me asking! I was like :O she remembered :O :O what a great waitress, what a great place. I have fond memories of going here with my department buds after colloqs, too. I even ate here with Lars's parents and dog once! Weird!

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment