Thursday, June 6, 2019

Rigby's Bar & Grill

Turns out all the restaurants I've been to at Rehoboth have since shut down, so we walked all the way west until we hit this generic looking resto! Apparently it was a gay hot spot, which is cool(?) but  the other diners looked at me, a woman, suspiciously. They also complained incessantly about the service to the one tiny waiter working, and I felt like he was just doing his best! But then . . . was he? My boyf ordered the salmon and a salad and they said "there's an upcharge for the salmon" and he was like "OK?" and then he got a salad with salmon on it, which is not what was desired, but because we are meek/good he didn't say anything. I think the salmon salad was really bad. I got the pasta primavera, which was some nice oily angelhair with decent oily veg in it. It didn't make me ill, but it was rather wet. I thought it was solid. I also got a corona or some generic beer like that. It was a weird experience, because it felt totally detached from the rest of Rehoby's party atmosphere, and everyone there was old and cranky (and gay!!) except us and the tragic waiter. To be clear -- I support the gays, I just didn't realise I would feel like such an outsider at this resto!

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment