Sunday, March 17, 2019

Salt Lick BBQ

I went to this place at the Austin airport (AUS) and it was very crowded, but the line moved pretty fast. I got the sliced brisket sandwich with potato salad, and it was good; really filling. The potato salad came on top of plain cabbage(?) and it didn't have a very strong flavor, just mayo/potato/egg. It was good, though, and a fun yellow color. The sandwich was good, and the BBQ sauce was good and not especially hot or tomatoey. It was like creamy vinegar sauce, almost. They offer extra containers of it, but you really don't need a lot of sauce. Someone spilled Mountain Dew on me in line so I think that soured me on the experience, but it was decent food and no nuts.

Overall
Cost: 3/10 (like 19$ for a basic takeout meal)
Taste: 6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment