Thursday, March 7, 2019

Idahoan Smokey Cheese & Bacon Mashed Potatoes

OK, the main thing to note about these potatoes for me is that the "bacon" in this flavor isn't real bacon at all, but bacon flavored soy protein. Normally I don't care about fake meat/cheese/flavoring, but I'm mildly allergic to soy protein, so this made me really anxious. I tried to eat around the bacon bits in here, but there are quite a lot of them and it still made me itchy. A scary experience. Other than that, I didn't think this tasted very different from the other cheese flavored varieties anyway. So I'd recommend you just get one of those instead, unless you really love bacon flavor. There is a light smoky bacon flavor here for sure, as well as some plain mild cheddar. Even ignoring the soy thing, I wasn't a big fan of this flavor. Easy to cook & cheap though!


Overall
Cost: 8/10
Taste: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment