Saturday, March 9, 2019

Romano's Macaroni Grill

I probably didn't have a conventional Macaroni Grill experience, because I went to the one in the Chicago airport (ORD) and I was also alone, so I felt a bit awkward and like I was taking up a seat. My only previous experience with the MG was a long, long time ago when I went with my family, and I remember you could draw on the placemat with crayons but I didn't like the food. Child me might be too hasty, though. They have an allergen menu on line, plus it's Italian, so I felt pretty good about going here during my long layover. This place definitely had a smaller menu than the online one, but they still had Corona (8$) and I got the chicken marsala, which I knew was safe. They also put bread on the table but it looked potentially seedy. Anyway, the marsala was good. It was filling for sure, but not a crazy Olive Garden massive portion either. 2 medium size chicken pieces, some angel hair pasta, and mushrooms and garlic wedges(2) in a lightish marsala sauce. Overall tasty. I think if I weren't rushed/weren't alone I would have been pretty into it. Would go back to a real one someday! But even at the airport alone I would go back, I just need to relax more about taking up space. Life lessons.

Overall
Cost: 4/10 [About 40$ for airport me but in general probably average]
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment