Wednesday, March 6, 2019

2016 La Perdrix Costieres de Nimes Blanc

This was a little more tart than I was expecting it to be. More significantly, when I first started drinking this, it made my allergy sense tingle a lot. I had a legit itchy mouth. I don't know why exactly, maybe it was something in the cork? Because I kept drinking this (very slowly), and eventually I did finish off the bottle, and obviously didn't die. The itchy feeling went away after I got about halfway through. In the end it still turned out to be a fairly tart white wine; not bad but the weird experience at the beginning really put me off, so it wasn't great for me as an experience. I do think the bottle is very classy looking and I like all labels with birds on them, including this one.

As a food pairing, I made pork with peaches (canned ones due to availability), and that wasn't bad. Not sure if I really like pork much as a meat, but it is an affordable one and the recipe was quick and fairly easy.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment