Tuesday, December 25, 2018

2017 Hidden Vineyards Zweigelt

Classic red wine. Honestly, I'm starting to think they really are all the same: volatile from moment to moment, but in exactly the same way. Then again, I might be drrrnk. I brought this bad boy to my parents' house for the Christmas holiday, so my dad had some too. I thought he didn't like it, but he later had a second glass, so maybe he didn't hate it too much (perhaps like me he finds them all equal). At first I thought this was really tart/sour/dry and it made my mouth pucker, but then it turned into a normal red. I enjoyed it with some holiday ham and fixin's. The history is such that this is a combo of two "varietals" from Austria that some doctor combined, so that's fun.



Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment