Tuesday, December 18, 2018

2016 Sidekick Cabernet Sauvignon

Wine is fun, especially in the winter months. I like this label's ethos, even though I'm not sure if they're called Iconic wines or Sidekick. Either way, they use cute comic superhero girls, and I like that. The taste of this was a little bit "generic red" for me, but it wasn't too bitter or tart, and I liked that too. It did have a nice rich cherry flavor, which I'm starting to appreciate more and more in red wines - at least on the first day, by the 3rd day the flavor had started to acidify for sure. Still drinkable though! I thought this was solid but nothing to particularly seek out, in my opinion.

I also paired this with the recommended Chorizo Pork Burgers with Spanish onions and Manchego cheese, which was stressful because ground pork/chorizo never looks done. They were super super filling and fun to make into patties, but I probably won't cook with ground snausage/pork again for a long while. The onions were tasty and the manchego cheese was good, but tasted exactly like the Parmesan Cheese Whisps I had in the past - and it was like 10$ for a tiny wedge, so not really worth it. Fun to try new things though!

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment