Sunday, September 22, 2013

Outback Steakhouse



Famous for the Bloomin' Onion (delicious calories) and for being my dad's favorite restaurant -- can't believe I hadn't reviewed it already! Outback has done a great thing lately and indicated dishes that may contain nuts with a special symbol on their menu. They don't have one for vegetarians, they don't have one for gluten free, they just have a nut symbol. Never in my life have I encountered such an amazing thing, especially by chance. I think it's fairly new, too. So great. Made my affections for a decent chain resto go way, way up!

Anyhoo, Outback always gives you a log of brown bread pre-meal (which is safe). Nice. I usually get ribs and a baked sweet potato, which is very tasty. Once I got a ribs + baked chicken combo, but the chicken was very boring so I don't recommend that. Other foods: Alice springs chicken is chicken with bacon and mushrooms and cheese on it....pretty darn unhealthy, but tasty of course! No-rules parmesan pasta = standard fettuccine dish, tasty and unhealthy too. Dad likes the coconut shrimp.

Watermelon vodka drinks are also good. ;9

Pricing is standard for a chain resto, maybe a little higher since it's steaks. Generally good quality food though, and always prompt service at ours.

Ribs and Sirloin Combo w/ side salad: This is too much meat! I should just get ribs, or a veg instead of a salad! I had heartburn and was sad afterwards, even though it tasted good.

New South Wales Sangria: Tastes like a sweet juice, but the only fruit is an orange and lime slice. Try again!

Outback sirloin (6oz): This is the cheapest and smallest steak, which is fine by me. It's not too many cals, not too filling, and tastes like a normal steak. No worries, mate! 6/10

Blackberry Bandit: This is drink made with gin and blackberry puree (and lemon?). It's decent, pretty strong but gin tastes like vodka to me and it had 3 full blackberries in it! 8/10

Coffee: Got this because I was sick, but their coffee is truly bad. Cold and smokey and watery and just one of the worst coffees of all time. Do not recommend. 4/10

Potato Soup: This was good! A nice choice of side to mix in with my sweet potato/salad/broc combinations. 8/10

Blackberry Martini: They really like blackberries at the Outback, and I like that. This was good but small and weirdly creamy. They also had a flight that I wanted to order but didn't see in time! I should do a flight next time! 7/10

Raspberry Cheesecake:  Sometimes they run a combo deal that includes a (half?) slice of cheesecake, which is fun and doesn't have the nut symbol, yet it still made me a bit nervous. The taste is standard, but the anxiety got to me a bit. 6/10

Seasonal Veggie: It's literally always been broccoli, for like, years. But I guess they left a loophole incase they're out someday. Anyway it's a big, tasty portion, with a wee bit of butter but not overdoing it. Great veg. 8/10

Boozy Cherry Limeade: This tastes exactly like non-boozy cherry limeade, aka it is delicious. But it's smaller and therefore fewer calories, which is great. Has flavored rum in it but didn't kill me. 8/10

Overall
Taste: 7/10
Cost: 5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment