Friday, April 12, 2024

2022 Castelo de Terena Red

Sorry for the multi-day break from bloggin', food fans. Nothing terrible happened to me, I'm just in a funk! Work stress, friend stress, car trouble. Adulthood, am I right? Anyway, this is a fine wine. Pretty sweet, cherry notes, and not too tart or sharp. Kind of a weird yeasty vibe at first, but it mellowed with time. No complaints, but nothing revolutionary either. 



 The same is true of the Beef Short Rib stew -- not crazy hard to make, but really fatty! Yikes! There must be a better meat for this. Also the potatoes needed more time to cook. But I actually used the wine in the recipe, which was neat. And as promised, it was better the second day. I froze some too, so hopefully that's not terrible. Good comfort food, anyway, which I needed.

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [15$]
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment