Wednesday, April 3, 2024

2020 Château Riviere Minervois

These French wines might be too fancy for me. I like the sample US/AU ones with pretty labels. Anyway, it's got a really strong flavor when you first open it, whew. I was worried the cork was too porous and it went bad, even. Tart, complex, like a pear smoked jerky or something. Maybe not my favorite. It does mellow after a few days, but it's also very acidic then. So, a big meh from me! 

The pairing of Eggplant Parm was attempted, but I clumsily and tragically dumped my whole baking sheet of breaded eggplant slices to the oven floor. So I only had the scraps of eggplant left to work with, which threw off the whole recipe and my mood. Life is pain, friends. At least it saved me some calories, I guess, IDEK. So, there was a lot of sauce and only a little eggplant, which was very sparsely breaded. Also cheese. It made my mouth burn and made me very itchy and nervous, which is stupid 'cause I've had all the ingredients before except the dried basil, which is, yanno, basil. I guess heavy tomato sauce and cheese will do that to you. It tasted fine and would probably have been really solid before I dropped it, but not worth it for the stinging mouth and possible heartburn maybe.

Overall
Cost: 4/10 [25$]
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment