Thursday, September 28, 2023

2016 Inspiration Reserve Laguedoc Cabernet

Shew! My very first reaction to this was "blech!" -- It was acidic, tart, and gamey. A weird flavor -- neither cherry nor wood but like, Dirt and Gristle. It's complex alright. Of course, after a few sips it just turned into a normal wine and all the grossness faded away. Refrigeration helped even more. Classic wine!! It ended up fine but the onset was very wild.

I also made the recommended Eggplant & Porcini "Meatballs" in Tomato Sauce, and it took the better part of a day to do, but they did turn out quite tasty (even though they were also bigger and wetter than expected, due to me using an entire package of fresh mushrooms instead of 1oz dried, and only 2c of breadcrumbs instead of 3 because I didn't buy enough! I also didn't puree the whole tomatoes, but it turned out fine and I actually liked having the whole ones in there). I didn't get a chance to pair them with wine yet because I am trapped at school right now away from both, but I am very much looking forward to both when I get home tonight! 


Overall
Cost: 5/10 [17$]
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment