Friday, June 23, 2023

Shady Brook Farms 85% Lean - 15% Fat Ground Turkey

You know what, this is the fattiest ground turkey I've ever had in terms of the percentage, but when I cooked it (with oil!!) there was still like no drippings left over (and my recipe assumed there'd be drippings)! I guess it's good that it tasted lean even if it wasn't. This was also weirdly goopy compared to ground beef -- I guess I'm a little bit of a raw meat noob since I only use it for wine recipes. Anyway, this cooked fine, was tasty enough (jk it tasted like nothing, but that's tasty enough), and best of all, the website is very clear that there's no nuts in the facility and the flavorings are just spices (no legumes). So I like the company and will pivot from Jenny-Os posthaste.

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [5$]
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment