Thursday, June 29, 2023

San Giorgio Lasagna

I haven't had San Giorgio in a while, I guess because De Cecco is better about allergy stuff, but I've always seen it as a high quality pasta type. They were the only brand to have lasagna noodles at the store, though, so cheers to them for that. These were both longer and skinnier than I expected, as an eater but not-often-maker of lasagna. They mostly cooked fine, although it was difficult to take them out of the pot without breaking them and then in a skillet lasagna form I had to break them up and they still didn't quite cook fully. So, maybe I need bigger pots and better tongs, but I don't see myself cooking too much lasagna in the future -- only for wine recipes, really. The taste was "noodle" so I have no real complaints on that front. And 1lb of lasagna noodle feels like more than 1lb of other shapes, dang.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment