Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Annie's Cheddar Bunnies

I don't ID as an alcoholic, but I've been sober for 2 weeks and I'm starting to think my food reviews have verged too far into the "moping about my personal life" territory, so maybe there's some clarity popping up into my hind-brain. Or maybe I should crack open a nice wine tonight to pair with these cheese-adjacent crackers! Stay tuned!

OK so Annie's is a weird company because they seem really allergy friendly, but I think their rep is that they aren't great for it. Nevertheless, the box says "may contain soy", which makes me think it mayn't contain nuts. These are your basic bunny-shaped goldfish crackers, cheez-it crackers, cheddar penguin crackers, etc. The shape is cute, although a little less puffy than you might like in such a snack. The taste is an acquired one. I'd prefer a cheesier, powder-y-er snack, but these do have the oddly spicy burnt flavor that I've come to associate with cheez-its et al. It never was my favorite, but as I get older I can appreciate it a bit more. (I know cheez-its are a weird thing to age in to, unlike, say, sauerkraut, but it is what it is). One positive of these in particular is that a serving is 51 crackers, which is a lot of crackers. Takes forever to count out, but a little satisfying in an OCD way, too. Also, they're organic! I was brought up to not care about this, but a lot of people I respect really care about it, so I should probably try to form my own informed perspective on the issue at some point. Maybe next year!

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment