Saturday, June 4, 2022

2017 Poggio Anima "Asmodeus" Nero d'Avola

I can't give an objective rating to this wine, 'cause I'm in a bigtime sadgirl mood. I drank it with a person I liked on the last day I'll ever see them! That's sad! But I can compartmentalize with the best of 'em, so let's try. It's a pretty solid red. The bottle is cute and unique, and I like the screwtop. Even though I had this sitting around for a long time, it didn't go off in flavor (I think). A little brighter and sweeter than I'm used to for a red, but I like that. More cherry than earth. More plum than wood. That's good. It's so old it doesn't even have a suggested recipe, which is also good because I don't have it in me to cook or eat. I'm very dramatic, which is perfect for Asmodeus!


Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 7/10
Weeps: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment