Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Dean's Sweets - Buttercream-Filled Chocolate Easter Eggs

Oooh heck these are good. I don't need the Easter grass that comes with 'em, but the size and quality of these surely rivals all the fancy Easter chocolate I was always so jealous of throughout my life that I could never eat safely. Big stars in my eyes for these buttercream eggs! So lovely.

Espresso: This is a dark chocolate shell with the yellow icing swirl on top. The inner buttercream is not skimpy and it is truly Dec A Dent. I could see this being, like, a wedding favor for me (god willing that I ever get married lol). It's so substantial and tasty and creamy, and because of the coffee flavor, it feels classy too. But also this must be like 800 calories at least. I do love it, though. The only possible improvement would be if this weren't a dark chocolate egg, but even though it is a pretty thick layer of dark choco, it's not too excessive because of the very sweet creamy innards. Yom. 8/10

Raspberry: This is also a dark chocolate shell, with a pink icing swirl. And the inside is also actually pink! It's got actual raspberry seeds inside it, too! My first thought was that I actually like this even more than the espresso; it does seem less "DECADENT!" but also maybe more TASTY. I love these cremes, dang. 8/10

Vanilla: Alas, alas, a milk chocolate shell but somehow this wasn't my favorite one! It tastes like a bigger version of the milk chocolate buttercream, which I loved, but big size is a looot of sugar. The milk chocolate shell is very tasty, but of the three fillings, this is my least favorite. It's not as nuanced or complex, just very very sweet. With a tiny bit less sugar and more butter and/or vanilla flavor, this would be a star. Still, 7/10.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment