Tuesday, April 27, 2021

2019 Maria Cruz Garcia Navarra Red

Ah, you'd think it would be difficult to find nut info on a random Spanish wine (which is almost always true), but this, my friends, is from the Mary Taylor collection, and I heard the good word from the woman herself that none of her wines contain nuts. So I dug in joyfully to this Tempranillo, which was pleasant. I thought it was a solid red -- it definitely has the "grip" to it, you know? Stickiness? Body? Whatever the winos say. But it wasn't super acidic. Not super fruity either, although of course the usual flavors of grape and maybe a light cherry/wood vibe. Overall pleasant both warm and cold, but didn't give me the deep nostalgia of some other reds. Definitely drinkable though!

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [18$]
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment