Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Built Bars

It's not like protein bars are something I'm crying over not being able to have (they don't seem that delicious, and I'm not a gym gal), but when I heard about these totally nut and soy free protein bars I was super pumped. They also have fiber and not that much sugar, even though they taste sweet. So for those times when I'm starving and pressed for time, this is really useful! The downside is, I keep hearing that they are thinking about trying a peanut butter flavor, which means I'd probably stop purchasing (even though they insist it'd be a different facility, I'm still too anxious). I also ordered during the summer and they came totally melted which was less than ideal. For now, though, I am still a pretty big fan. Here are some of the many flavors I've tried so far.

Vanilla Chocolate Creme: This was way chewier than I expected! Possibly because it did melt and reharden, but I'm not sure. Otherwise it had a good vanilla/milky slightly sweet flavor, not too weird, the chocolate coating is good, just messy and very chewy. I had this from the fridge but maybe I should try the freezer. 7/10

Raspberry: This was basically exactly the same - like a raspberry chocolate but very chewy. Still good. 6/10

Orange: I enjoyed it, I ate this during a time of great parental stress and so it was extra filling. Tasted orangey and chocolatey, nothing weird. 7/10

Mint Chocolate Creme: Normally I like Mint Chocolate but the idea of this one didn't appeal to me for the longest time. Finally I ate it and it was good, like a less sweet/intense peppermint patty but chewy. But the aftertaste/smell is kind of like rotting garbage, IDK if it's just my mouth right now or if it was the bar. So I'm still hesitant on this one, but it tasted just fine in the moment. 6/10

Banana: Solid and banana-y, I liked it. 7/10

Strawberry: Yikes, what happened here? Mine was open a tiny bit at the end so maybe that's somehow a factor (perhaps I shouldn't have eaten it, lol @ me), but I really didn't like the taste of this one. It was very chemical/artificial, and a bad aftertaste too. 5/10

Salted Caramel: This wasn't a bad taste or super weird, but that fact that it's not actually a caramel made this one feel a little odd to me, I think I prefer the fruit flavors to this. 6/10

Coconut: Lovely, this tastes like coconut. One of the winners. There was even a little coconut grit in there (so rare for these bars!). 7/10

Double Chocolate Mousse: This was definitely better than I'd expected, it really tastes like a chocolate candy bar, with a good candy flavor and not a chocolate cake flavor. Nice. Made me a little queasy afterwards, perhaps because I'm eating one of these like every day, but it's in my top tier as well I believe. 7/10

Black Cherry: This begins my second shipment, which was not melted!! So the bar is cohesive, which was fun and made it better for me psychologically. I think it tasted pretty decent too, like a cherry cordial. 6/10

Lemon: This was nice and lemony and refreshing, the taste was good, but a bit of a weird/itchy aftertaste. 6/10

Banana: This was one of my favorite flavors, a nice strong banana, but unfortunately since the addition of nut flavors none of this matters any more. 7/10
 

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [36$ for 18 bars ish]
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment