Thursday, July 25, 2019

Olive Garden

Unfortunately, I think I like the idea of Olive Garden a lot more than the reality. Also their new (or once-new) logo is so childish looking. But anyway. I like Italian food and chains, and they even have an allergy menu, and once David took me on my birthday after we went to the DMV (lol). But the actual pasta is mostly not good, a lot of things have surprise nuts, and it's bad for you and your heartburn too. My most recent trip was also not great, it was with my dad's family but "for my birthday" but I didn't pick it, my mom did, but she said I liked it but I wasn't hungry and I just wanted to go home. So I was in a mood. But anyway, the salad and breadsticks are always good. Or rather the salad is good, the breadsticks are way too salty but I like bread so I like that there ARE breadsticks, and that they'll bring more if asked. I also really like the andes mints at the end of the meal! Dad got salmon and hated it with the passion of 100 suns, but dad also hates Italian restos (inexplicably).

Cheese ravioli: This I don't like. I got because it was lower calorie than other noodles, but for ravioli it's bad.

Watermelon Sangria: Good but not very much alc in it, and also pricy.

The lesson I learned is that next time, I should just get a soup. Or maybe ziti and just eat a lil bit. 

Takeout Covid-era Olive Garden was better. They put the salad in a little plastic container, which contains a lot of salad (probably 3 bowls worth). And the croutons ("may contains") were packaged separate, along with the dressing. They also give you 2 breadsticks per meal, which is decent, and I like the breadsticks a lot right now. The meal itself was eh though. 

Chicken Parmesan: I got this with ziti, which was just "eh", and the chicken itself was also "eh" for me -- it had kind of a weird mushroom taste? I've definitely had better chicken parms. Luckily I didn't get too itchy from it, and it's a lot of food (2 breasts). But I'd maybe try eggplant parm next? Or something else?? (Is there anything else?!) Overall takeout experience 7/10, but this meal, maybe 6/10.

Chicken and Dumpling Soup: Yes!! This is it! I found something tasty and soy free at olive garden, and it isn't even super heavy (although it is, unlimited,,,). Very pleasant soup. 7/10

Berry Sangria: Also good, 7/10

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment