Tuesday, July 30, 2019

North Branch Pizza & Burger Co

The road trip has arrived in Chicago, and next to our hotel (actually in Glenview, north of Chicago) was this pizza/american bar. I wanted to try a deep dish pizza, so sat outside and went for it. It was pleasant to eat outside, and I got a blue moon and chips and guac too. The guac was great, the salsa was weird and tasted like pasta sauce, and the chips were like bag tostitos (fine). The deep dish was good! Buttery and soft crust, with lots of crust. Tasted like Pat's square pizza but butterier and with more cheese, which was good and very filling. 7/10

Then we went back another night, because we are lazy, and sat inside and it wasn't as good. I got some pasta with chicken, which was OK but made me feel a bit ill. I didn't eat the garlic bread that came with it out of fear. I got a pineapple cider which was fun but not super chuggable, since they were out of Crispin pear which is what I actually ordered. The waiter was kind of salty to us, I guess because we were old and un-hip, but I didn't appreciate it one bit. The meal was also really expensive, I guess because of tax but also just expensive to begin with. So the second trip was our last.

Overall
Cost: 4/10
Taste: 6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment