Monday, September 19, 2011

Guest Post: I.M. Healthy SoyNut Butter




Hello, Peanut Free Food Reviews! I'm the infamous Laura from "Laura says yum yum yum!" and other great hits! Now that we're no longer roommates, Katilina and I still want to share our food experiences, so she let me come guest-blog here for a while. So lately I've been picking up peanut-butter substitutes and things from companies that focus on allergen-free foods. I'll be starting off with the peanut-butter replacements, and the first is this one: original I.M. Healthy SoyNut Butter!

This is the first peanut butter substitute I ever tried! For me, this is the perfect peanut butter replacement if you're looking for something that tastes and feels like real peanut butter, but isn't. It's pretty expensive (at $6.29 a jar!) but if you give them feedback on their website, they'll send you coupons! A lot of coupons. They sent me ten coupons. This stuff is made of soy nuts, but you honestly can't tell the difference. It's just as sticky and works great on faux PB&J sandwiches. It also bakes well! I made three-ingredient peanut butter cookies with, of course, this soynut butter instead and they turned out great. Overall, I'd really recommend this for people who are related to people who have allergies and get the urge for peanut butter or who developed allergies later in life and have been missing peanut butter. Katilina says all peanut-butter replacement things would be way too real for her, and I think this one especially is just too peanut-buttery for those of you who are understandably peanut-phobic.

Overall
Cost: 4/10
Taste: 7/10

1 comment:

  1. Hey Laura, thanks for posting! The more reviews, the better, especially for specific peanut-free substitutes like this! :)

    ReplyDelete