Thursday, October 22, 2020

2017 Poggio "Belial" Anima

OK, Belials are an enemy you fight in my favorite video game ever (Shining Force), so this wine definitely stands out in my mind because of the quirky name. It took me a while to drink it anyway, though. The overall name is kind of inscrutable -- what type of wine even is this? Apparently it's 100% Sangiovese, which I've had before and liked, but the name does not make that clear. Nevertheless, this has a cool name & label art, and it has a screwtop, so it's got a lot of good features, even though it's a red and not a bubbly.

The taste was pretty good. It was still very "typical red", but I thought the texture was somehow more...thin? Less cloying? It was also a brighter red color than I'm used to seeing. Kind of like the Hawaiian Punch Fruit Juicy Red of wine, which is an overall compliment. This wasn't too sweet though, or too acidy, it was just generally good red wine, all throughout days 1-3. 

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment