Friday, January 24, 2020

Public Service Restaurant

OK, I'm really of two minds about this place, which is in New Orleans where I was for LSA. I went here with two cool and fancy colleagues, who claimed that the star rating was about 4.5 even though when I googled it it was like 3.8 (I guess they were using OpenTable or something). But that duality is present in my reaction too. Firstly, this is attached to a fancy hotel, and as you can see, the room is very pretty as well. But it wasn't very crowded and it seemed ever less fancy the longer I was there. (Note: price was certainly very fancy though.) The waiter was polite, but also would not let anyone modify their dish, even for an upcharge, which is super frustrating. They accepted my allergy info though I guess. They also were out of the beer I ordered ( a sour ), so I got the one they said was most similar (a not great malty wheat beer?) and it was not at all similar.

That all being said...my food was great. My eating partners got tragically bad salads, but I got the Braised Beef Short Ribs, which came with veg (my only veg of the entire trip!!!) and mac and cheese (yom). The beef was tender and great, spicy and warm and filling. I didn't eat it all only out of social decorum (it was very big compared to salads), but if I were with my parents or something I sure would have. Anyway, to sum up: public service = bad service, but good food if you don't get salad.

Overall
Cost: 3/10 (like 150$ for three people, who had one drink each and no dessert!!!)
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment