Sunday, January 19, 2020

2018 Gateway Vinho Verde Rosé

Whew, I haven't had wine in so long I wasn't sure what was happening with this! I got into a rabbit hole of looking up the wine shipping laws; I stopped getting wine last summer which is when the state senate stopped passing bills, so maybe once the bill is re-introduced this year things might improve and I will get mail wine again. Here's hoping, because my stash is almost depleted, and being weekend wine-drunk is pretty tops.

This was a bubbly rosé, which I wasn't expecting. A little bit like a funny soda pop. It was sweet, but not crazy sweet, and very...pollen-y? It made me sneeze a lot. I like the pretty bottle and screw top, but for a fizzy rosé I feel like this should have been better somehow. It was just OK for its genre. This young grape is meant to be drunk soon after bottling, so maybe I just waited too long.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment