Saturday, October 9, 2021

2019 Cellier des Chartreux, Chapelle Saint-Martin, Côtes Du Rhône Réserve

A passable red, for sure. Made my tongue feel very thick and tingly, but other than that (!), no issues. A little spicy vibe. Possibly improved a bit when cold, a nice Survivor wine and pleasant for 3 days each. Also listed as "a red wine to brood with", which I did, too, as I listened to ladies-and-gentlemen-The Weeknd and reflected on how I wasted my life. An accurate description!

I also post-hoc paired this with the Coffee-Rubbed Steak [see foggy picture], which was OK, but not amazing for the time and money involved (many spices). The coffee didn't even come through that much, it just tasted like vaguely...Trinidadian food. To be fair, I did overcook it a little.

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [17$]
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment