Monday, May 17, 2021

2018 Marine Descombe Beaujolais-Villages

Ah, Mary Taylor! My wine-finding queen who says there are no nuts! This was a gamay, and unfortunately, it was a little bit gamEy for my taste. Or, something was weird about it, anyway. My first instinct was that it was oddly thick, almost creamy, which seems fine enough. But it also tasted peppery! Or did I have a dirty cup, I wondered. Nevertheless, it had a weird mouthfeel and a weird aftertaste -- almost onion-beer-breath-y. Do I dare say I like it? At first I wasn't sure, but on cold-next-day drinking, it made me feel even worse, and not want to finish the bottle, which is very very rare for me. I poured the last cup down the sink. I'm sorry, Mary T! This wine was not for me, though I can't even say exactly why.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 5/10?

No comments:

Post a Comment