Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Ramen Kumamoto

Talk about a trendy resto in my local college town! This place opened a few years ago to rave reviews, even from the Japanese people I know (n=3). I like it because there's no nuts (though there is a lot of fish) and because it's Japanese. I don't like it because there's no alcohol, you can't use credit cards with bills under like 20$, and the seating is kind of communal. Also, you have to ask for a fork if you can't use chopsticks and sometimes they don't ever bring it and you feel sad. I always only get the tonkotsu (pork) ramen, which is good but not amazing for me. The broth and egg and bamboo and meat are all amazing, the noodles don't do it for me though. They're thin and more italian than chinese if that makes sense. Very filling and warm but I wouldn't want it super often. I wish I could order other stuff but I think it all has fish in it.

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 5/10 (for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment