Sunday, April 14, 2019

Chef Tony's Restaurant

This place is in downtown Bethesda, aka it's by NIH (my part time job). I let my dad pick the place and this turned out to be a decent pick, since even though it's a seafood resto and I'm allergic to all seafood, they had plenty of other non-fishy pasta and chicken dishes. Whew. I will say that the entryway to the place kind of smelled like a bathroom air freshener, which was weird, but the inside was nice and dark, chill, and low-key. There were fishtanks! And the other people eating there seemed like regulars who come all the time, which makes sense but is also a good sign. They didn't have the first beer I ordered, and the service was a little bit slow (which is annoying because the parking is by meter and they don't take cards so you have to use the stupid parking app etc etc) but overall it was a good experience. I ordered the Chicken Marsala which randomly had a tomato-marsala sauce instead of just mushroomy, but it was good and plenty filling. Dad seemed decently happy with whatever fish thing he ordered, too.

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 6/10

1 comment:

  1. I just searched for Chef Tony's in Miami and it brought me to this page. I don't know if its the same franchise but it's one of my favorites growing up, I haven't had it in years, unfortunately I do not think there is one in Miami.

    ReplyDelete