Sunday, February 3, 2019

Red Robin

When I was in high school (so, like, 20 years ago!?), Red Robin had an AMAZING quesadilla, with mushrooms and cilantro-y pico and bacon and 3 colors of chips. It was so good. But they got rid of it and I really soured on Red Robin, since they mostly just have burgers and fries which I wasn't a HUGE fan of. But now that Burger King has a nut allergy warning, there aren't many places with burgers I actually enjoy. And Red Robin is a decent pick, and they also have a really good allergy menu too (which they will give you on a tablet if you want to see it, which is hilarious). The waitress randomly asked if I wanted a gluten free bun, but I don't think I got one. Anyway, I ended up here recently with my dad because Iron Hill was too full. Honestly I think it was for the best, because we had a decent experience. I got a "tavern burger", which is a skinner patty and tasted like the burger-king-y patty I like, it was great. Tavern Burgers are apparently the way to go. Specifically, here's what I got:

Ghost Pepper Tavern Burger: IDK about the spicy sauce on here, I didn't love it, but the meat itself was enough to overcome that weirdness. 7.

Chips with guac & salsa (app): The chips were decent, but the salsa and guac were a little weird tasting (but OK). Not that many chips either, which I guess is probably good. 6.

Sangria: This was good and only 5.50$, with lots of fruit in it and a decent amount of alcohol too it seems! 7

Smoky Jack Tavern Double: I got this with no mayo, so it's otherwise a burger with BBQ sauce and LTO and pepper jack. It was good but I didn't like the onion/pickle on it. Still the meat itself was great. Got with sweet potato fries, which were good and plentiful, but not really seasoned, just wet oily potato. But good overall. 6

Red's Tavern Double: Very good, just a very classic burger. 7

Haystack Tavern Double: I was worried about the mayo sauce here, but it wasn't bad. The worst part was actually the onion straws, which had a weird rancid oil taste to me. Overall it was good, but to be honest I think I just want a plain burger. The best part is the meat. 6

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment