Thursday, September 28, 2017

Del Pez Mexican Gastropub

I went here with my dad, kind of assuming I wouldn't like it since nothing on the dinner menu struck me as looking great (even though the lunch menu has an intriguing breakfast burrito on it, note to future self). But it really exceeded my expectations! First and most importantly, they have a nut logo on their menu for nut things, which there was only one of, and the nut was pepitas (i.e. pumpkin seeds i.e. not even a nut)! I asked the server and she said they don't use any nut ingredients in the whole restaurant. Um, amazing. Anyway, we ordered the salsa sampler as an app, and the chips were very tasty (and they brought out refills) and the three salsas (red, corny pico, and green) were all really unique and all good. I got a white sangria which was great, and a chicken chimichanga which came with tasty rice and was super filling and delicious (although not healthy, oops). Pops got beef enchiladas which looked like cute sushi rolls, and I think he liked it. Plus we sat outside which is always fun and pleasant. I will definitely go back if I can convince someone to come! They have good 3-6pm MF happy hour deals too (both food and drink).

Overall
Cost: 6/10 (not super cheap entrees, but some good deals if you get them)
Taste: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment