Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ben & Jerry's Spectacular Speculoos Cookie Core Ice Cream

I always get excited about new Ben and Jerry's flavors, and they finally showed up in my store today! I chose this one because I like caramel ice cream. The thing about B+J's is, the mix-ins really make or break the flavor. And I guess I didn't know what "Speculoos" was, so I made a small mistake here. Apparently it's a cinnamon graham crackery flavor of cookie. So, this has tasty vanilla and somehow less tasty caramel ice creams with these balls of cinnamon cookie and then a mass of milder cookie butter in the middle. If only it were like sugar cookie dough instead, it would be so good! But I didn't really love this flavor, because the cinnamon flavor just tasted like a subpar snack. And, to make matters worse, even though there was no allergy statement, the fact that they make a peanut butter version and the fact that the cookie butter LOOKS like peanut butter (to an allergy-haver's eye, anyway), I just felt too itchy to enjoy it. So, I have higher hopes for the chocolate cookie flavor! That said, if you LIKE speculoos(?) then I bet you'd like this - it has a lot of "bits" and a good mix of soft and crunchy and chewy. Good texture times.

Overall
Cost: 4/10 (like 5.50, not on sale ;P)
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment