Thursday, December 25, 2014

Premium Chocolatiers Signature Truffle Collection

So, my mom got me this truffle collection for Christmas, which was very sweet. It is nut free, egg free, gluten free, vegan, and milk free. Unfortunately, I only care about one of those restrictions, and I think the taste really suffers because of the lack of milk and egg. Another issue is that they made me feel quite itchy and sick after just one, which I soon realized is because they DO contain a lot of soy protein and sunflower oil. D'oh. So, if you are like me and just have a nut allergy, I do not recommend these truffles. However, if you have a milk allergy or multiple ones, then at least you have an option for a truffle variety which is still classy!

Individual Opines:

 "Milk" Fudge: Tastes very generic!
 Coffee: Not very coffee-y! Probably my least favorite, which is strange since I like coffee a lot.
 Grand Marnier: The prettiest one, although I could use more orange flavor. It's decent, though.
 Raspberry: Maybe my second favorite, the raspberry flavor is nice and refreshing.
Salted Caramel: Probably my favorite one, though still not as caramelly as I would want! The salt on top is a nice touch.

Overall
Cost: 5/10 (for truffles, they aren't that expensive)
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment