Thursday, December 25, 2014

Lisa's Cafe

This resto is most definitely my favorite in Palmyra, PA. It's been around for like 10 or 15 years now and it's not a chain, so you know it's decent. Whenever family visits we go there because we know there's something for everyone to enjoy -- they have a good variety, and nothing is really bad.

I like the corn nuggets a lot, they are a classic. I also like the stromboli and the chef salad is huge and meaty. I got the garlic pasta recently, and it was tasty and just the right size, and then their pizza slices have a lot of topping options and they put the sauce over the cheese which I like for some reason. Anyway, it's solid! And eating in is usually quiet with good service, even though they are rarely empty. It's a good atmosphere and cute inside.

Chicken Cheese Steak Stromboli: As a teen, I always got this without peppers and onions, and it was really good (duh, it's cheesy bread). My grandma always got the same thing, too! But I decided to try it with all the fixins since I am now an adult. It was still good, but honestly, not as good. I think I'm gonna try a different as-is boli next! 7/10

Meat and Cheese Stromboli: Well, I tried this one next! It had all the right properties: meat, cheese, mustard, no onions. But there was SO MUCH ham, and not enough salami/mustard, maybe? It wasn't quite what I dreamed of, even though it was still good. And a small one is also very filling, which I appreciate. Maybe time to leave the boli fields.... 6/10

Regular Stromboli: This is the same as Meat and Cheese Stromboli, but with mushrooms, peppers and onions, and I asked for no peppers and onions, but they didn't do it (wah). So I picked them off which was annoying, but after so doing, the proportions were much tastier than the meat and cheese one, and I don't think it's all down to the few mushrooms in there, but anyway, it was really good! Nice salami/cheese/mustard/crust distribution. Very oily and made me heartburny, but, delicious. 7/10

Overall
Cost: 6.5/10 (standard, but not bad)
Taste: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment