Saturday, August 24, 2013

No Nuttin' Granola Bars (aka Libre Naturals Granola Bars)

OK, bratty secret: I saw that these were egg, dairy, and gluten free (as well as nut free of course) and I thought "man these are probably gonna suck!" True fact: they didn't suck! To be fair, the texture is a little spongy and soft and chewy(?) for a granola bar, but the taste was good (I think! I was pretty drunk and starving, but I inhaled them :P). The Apple Cinnamon one really does taste appley, and it's a cool change of granola-bar-flavor pace. The Double Chocolate Chunk one was chocolatey, as expected, and gave me a good energy boost. I think I might buy some of these in the future. Plus, the wrappers make them look like delicious Easter candies!

2020 Update: These are now called Libre Naturals granola bars, but they tasted pretty similar to how I remember them -- or at least the Apple Cinnamon one did! It now has sunflower oil, but the oil is OK for me. Weirdly soft for a granola bar, still, but tasty and filling. 7/10. The Red Berry flavor was a little less good, I found it oddly savory and definitely soft/chewy. Still filling though. 6/10

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment