Saturday, September 4, 2021

2019 Cellier des Chartreux "Le Chant du Merle" Merlot

Merlot really is a classic, and I know I shouldn't be this way, but I think I like the wine types I'm familiar with better than I like the more unique ones. This has a Thicc Body, nice warm cherry and oak flavors. It was pretty good cold, too, which is rare for a red. Of course, no allergy info from this French creator, but the cork was look-up-able and it seems to be made from sugarcane, which is kind of cool. In general, this was a good wine that I enjoyed drinking. 


I paired it with the Cast-Iron Pizza with Fennel and Sausage, which was an adventure in itself since every italian sausage I could find had fennel in it, and I have always thought I might be allergic to fennel. But fennel just tastes like anise, so maybe I'm just allergic to anise!? You can read more about this particular drama in my forthcoming sausage review, but long story short, the sausage of 3-hours-ago has not killed me yet. It was also scary to work with raw meat again, and a cast iron pan! So hard to clean properly!! But the pizza was honestly delicious, especially the crust and sauce. And super filling too, so I have more left. I should have made it prettier looking for the records, but alas, it is what it is. Good pairing.

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [17$]
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment