Saturday, February 15, 2014

Corner Bistro

Whew, it's been a while since I made a non-backdated post in here! I've been slacking. Anyway, I've gone to this resto twice now, and I really like it. It's "casual fare with a french-american flare"; a little pricy for casual fare but actually not bad considering how good this place is. The inside is nice; there's a bar/café area at the front and then a small dining room in the back with lots of booths. (I love booths, so sue me). The menu is small, but reasonably safe for nut purposes, and they give you nice little breads. Oh, they also give you macadamia cookies at the end, so don't eat those. Ask not to get those. Burn those. Decent beer selection, also.

I got the duck once; it was very tender and came with some weirdo veggies and I think a blue corn muffin? Irrelevant, because the duck was good. But not super filling, I think?

Then I got the short rib, which was very filling. Also tender, in a nice (sweetish?) sauce. Came with potatoes and green beans. (sad but true story: I initially wrote "patates and green bean-os", but then I changed it. am I drunk-blogging?!) good.

Anyway, this place is nice. A good ```romantic'''' atmosphere, sure (I may be biased on this point), but also would be a nice place to go with your parents or something for a nice meal. I recommend it to you.

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment