Sunday, June 9, 2013

TGI Friday's

For some reason, I never really liked TGI Friday's, but now I do! They have an allergy menu (standard disclaimer: you may still die) which is nice. Here are foods I have enjoyed there:

Spinach Dip: always a fun app! good dip, strong chips, nice work.

Jack Daniel's Burger (w/ sweet potato fries): excellent burger, excellent fries, excellent.

Carmel Cake: A Safe Dessert!! Pretty standard cake slice, dollop of vanilla ice cream, but very enjoyable. yum.

Taste + Share plates: Sliders (good!), Bruschetta (decent!), hibachi skewers (meat+veg good, but the pita not so much...)

parmesan crusted chicken: way better than I thought; just one chicken breast with some cheesey topping, cheesy potatos, and really good broc. just the right amount, at 700 cals. 8/10

A combo of ribs / parm crusted chicken: This time the chicken didn't seem THAT good (it was fine, just a little weird taste) and the brocco was way too lemony. But the potatoes were really good, and the ribs with the Jack Daniels glaze are awesome. I like their ribs! And this was cheaper than just ribs, lol. 8/10

acai berry sour: solid drink
jackberry smash: grate!
ultimate sangria: nice!

7$ lunch pairing: I got the fruit side (mostly canned mandarin oranges and grapes, not great) along with a cobb salad with chicken on it. It made me nervous because the chicken was supposed to be grilled but it had crumbles on it and I was scared it was pecans and my mom asked the waitress and she said it was safe and chided me for not telling her I had an allergy (but I checked the allergy menu online and was in a bad mood). Still didn't eat the chicken so not sure. A good deal though. Just get a burger, me. 

Whiskey Glazed Chicken Sandwich: I only got this because the rib and burger allergy info made me sweaty, but it was actually great. More whiskey glaze (which I ate even with fish warning) than mayo, for sure. The fries were plentiful and fine. The blue moon was good. It was all very expensive, but not crowded and good food and service. Cheers. Very filling, too. 8/10

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment