Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Deer Park Tavern

This place is pretty great! I came for the trivia, but I'll stay for the food. They always have a really good deal/special on weeknights, like huge 4 dollars pizzas or nachos or something. I'm not too clear on their allergen policy overall, but whenever I ask about a particular dish, they check on the ingredients for me and assure me it's safe. No trouble so far!

California Cobb Salad: This sucker is huge and it comes with a lot of meat. It's really good though. Bacon and cheese I could do without. And the weird green olives. But it's a lot of meat. You can't dislike a lot of meat!!

Sweet Potato Fries: These are always really good! Yum!

Greek Pizza: Eh. It's really cheesy and it has brocco, which is nice, but it also has stupid olives.

Margarita Pizza: Really varies. When the cheese is fresh, then it's a decent eat. Just cheese and sauce!

Side of broccoli: I get this because it's the only vegetable available. Sadly it's not very good, just a small dish of plain broccoli (no butter or seasonings). A good snack to feel like you're eating but not killing your heart though. And there's pepper and salt on the table.

Taco Salad: This is cheap and really filling, but lately they've been skimping on the dirty rice (which is good and has bacon randomly in it) so I think I may need to step away. Huge taco shell, some avo, lettuce, tomato, rice, and salsa. And sour cream. It's good but bloaty. 6/10

Traditional Wings: I like the BBQ sauce, it's a standard BBQ (think Domino's wings) and they don't skimp on it either. Plus 2 little celeries! They give you like 8 wings, it's a good time. The Buffalo flavor is dry and bad though. But at science caf, it's good. Maybe it's not terrible. 6/10

Cheeseburger sliders: I like the taste of these and I often crave it, but honestly they give me a stomach ache every time I get them. They're also quite dry and need a lot of ketchup ( a lot ). Maybe I should only eat 2-3 of them. They are good though. 6/10

Weyerbacher Merry Monks beer: I got this because it was a 5$ sour beer! But it didn't taste that sour to me, which was disappointing. More of a hoppy beer. I think I would get it again, but only for 5$ or less. I got more into it the more I drank, maybe because it's like 9% ABV. :) 6/10

Strawberry Lemonade mixed drink: a 6$ drink is right at my price limit, but this was quite good. Fizzy soda, lemonade, vodka, and real strawberry mash. Sweet and fizzy and fruity, 8/10

BBQ Pork Sliders: These are OK, but not great. The pork is dry but I got soft buns and fairly tender pork so it was OK. It came with pickles. I wish they had more sauce, the sauce is like a mustard smear but of BBQ. It's weird. 5/10

Cheese fries: These were pretty bad, and they also invite sharing lol. The cheese they come with is bad, they were cold and not salty, and there wasn't even many of them!! But they're cheap so whatever. 6/10

Chicken tenders: Honestly I don't know why this was even an option for me, bleh. The honey mustard sauce is good but there's not enough, and the tenders are so bleh and oily. Plus I got sick after eating this. 5/10

Loaded Tater Tots: I'm an idiot for getting these, especially when I wasn't that hungry. They are fine but for some reason had a lot of Old Bay seasoning which made me think they were crab and super fatty and I felt bloaty and ill. IDK, me. 5/10

Philly Cheese Steak Queso Dip: I'm a sucker for queso dip, even though it makes me feel like I have a queso the voms afterwards! The cheese is warm and cheese dip with peppers and lil steak in it. Comes with soft pretzel bits which I like, and chips which are fine. It's fine?? 6/10

NEW pizzas: Pizzas are back! But they are like 15 bucks! It's not 2011 anymore. Anyway, I like to get the Marg one with broccoli. Thing is, the broccoli is like two tiny little tiny pieces. The pizza has minimal cheese and a few sparse basil leafs. And yet, it's better than it seems. Looks really sad but the sauce is good, crust is crispy and there's some nice spicy seasoning on the edges. Also gave me heartburn because I ate it all because I was worried my ex roommate would eat it.  Lol. 7/10

Overall:
Taste: 8/10
Cost: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment